The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
For the financial year 2022-23 we received £19,290.
- a full breakdown of how it has been spent
- Refreshed PE and sports equipment inc GetSet4PE teacher resource.
- 2 x Additional sports leader during lunchtime sessions focussed on the sports terrace.
- Coaches to competitions, football team 3G pitch hire and refreshed play equipment and storage for increased outdoor play and activity.
- the impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE, physical activity, and sport participation and attainment
-Pupils have also actively work towards the School Games Award and we were awarded the 'Gold' standard in July 2023- this underlines our commitment to sport participation and our active role in sports participation. In order achieve we gold we have ensured we are:
-delivering of 60 active minutes for every child every day;
-creating positive experiences to ensure physical activity and competition provision is designed to reflect the motivation, competence and confidence of our young people and has a clear intent;
-creating positive experiences that support the character development of young people.
This year we also competed in the Lincolnshire Schools Cross Country competition, netball, girls' football and boys' football.
How will you make sure these improvements are sustainable in the future?
Much like the legacy work completed by the Olympic games, sustainability is always a challenge if funding changes. As the funding is present and available we aim to have high level CPD in place to support high level teaching. We are also investing in new kit that promises to enhance provision and variety of sports on offer to our pupils for now and in the future.
How many pupils within their year 6 cohort can do each of the following - our most recent data shows:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres - 83%
- use a range of strokes effectively - 100%
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations - 93%