Pupil premium is funding to improve education outcomes for disadvantaged pupils in schools in England. Evidence shows that disadvantaged children generally face additional challenges in reaching their potential at school and often do not perform as well as other pupils.
The pupil premium overview explains how the government:
- allocates pupil premium funding
- expects schools and local authorities to use pupil premium
- holds schools to account for their spending decisions
The guidance for school leaders explains:
- how school leaders can use their funding effectively
- the reporting requirements
- how to check the school’s allocation and find out more about payments
All schools that receive pupil premium (and including the recovery premium) must publish a strategy statement by 31 December each academic year, using the template provided.
The Pupil Premium Statement for 2023-24 is attached as pdf to this section of the website.